Tuesday, June 06, 2006

GRC up in the news

Glenn Research Center is all in the news because it's getting two of the really big chunks of the CEV (our new Shuttle replacement/beyond-low-Earth-orbit vehicle). I don't remember GRC ever being in the news before, and usually they don't even mention a center name. "One NASA" and all. But good on them (us?). I got to go to the all-hands meeting with Shana Dale (NASA Deputy Adminstrator) and that was cool. I got more up-to-date on the Vision ("Project Constellation" now, I believe) efforts.

Also today, I got calls from two of my favoritest people. Marshal suggested an activity we should not do in the Academy (helium balloon exploration), and Omar suggested an activity that we should definitely do, which will be revealed as it comes closer to reality. Marshal later also suggested we not use gasoline instead of laundry detergent or get on planes with snakes on them.

I got the minivan to drive! It is, as of this moment, unnamed. It seats seven. This will be awesometacular and make daily logistics a lot easier and be very good for group dynamics. More than four people have been working on this since I got here.

No comments: