Friday, July 15, 2005

Truckin' along to Week 6

Week 6 started out with super fun Midterm Poster Session! (Late in week 5, I was notified that I was to do two lovely posters of my own, and completed them about 7 pm on Monday, which only barely made me late for my own weekly Rap Session at my apartment.) Tuesday morning we set up in the lobby of the building where all the high-ups have offices. Not that many of them were there, because Return to Flight* was the next day, and if you were important enough, you'd be in Florida. So we were in Alabama. Doing Midterm Poster Session!

Anyway, everyone's posters came together quite well and looked lovely. From 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, I had the RAs (and me) stand by the posters to answer questions from passers-by. I had written an email invitation that was sent to the entire MSFC NASA center and the NSSTC, so we had a decent turnout. After about noon, each RA almost constantly had people visiting and asking project questions. Very cool.

Wednesday was supposed to be Return to Flight*, but there were problems, so it was scrubbed. Luckily almost the entire MSFC Academy hedged our bets that it wasn't going to go on time, and it paid off. Next week is our official Academy trip to KSC and Florida (thank you, Laura!!), so there's a slight, but delightful, chance that I still may get to see a Shuttle launch. I really really really want to see one. Very badly. Four years, I've worked for NASA, and I've not got to see a launch in person! Cross your fingers for a launch late next week!

Also, check out the RTF* song and video here . It's called "Blue Sky" by Big Head Todd, and is the theme to the RTF* mission. It should be available on iTunes now. See a story on it.

This weekend is going to involve a trip to Lynchburg, TN, for real this time, and then on to Nashville. There will, of course, be pictures.


* ::high five!:: We have this thing where every time anyone says "Return to Flight" we have to high-five each other. It's adorable. I suggest you adopt it in support of the US space program.

No comments: