Friday, May 05, 2006

my job / televised bedtime / MSB visit!

Looks like my new crop of Academites will be ten strong, with several locals from Ohio.

Also, I'm watching School of Rock here, and I thought I'd share the description of my take on the Staff Position that I sent to the RAs a few days ago:

"The job of the staff member of the Academy is to basically be your group personal manager for the summer. I live, work, and play with you all, 24/7. Since we'll be minutes away from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I'll use a rock band analogy here: you're the ones doing the show, making the music, rocking the house, being out there for people to see. I'm scheduling you for gigs, setting up meetings with producers and other artists, booking your tours, making sure you get places on time, transferring information between you and the label, and just overall making sure you're making the most of your time. This summer, you'll be recording and touring at the same time, and I'll be your entourage of one. Dr. Kankam, the NASA Academy Director at GRC, is your label executive, with all the associated power and influence you'd associate with that position."

So that's what I'll be doing this summer.

-----

Check out the CNN spot on Erin who's doing the 12-week bedrest study for NASA. She's in Cleveland, so hopefully she's come talk to our Academy at Glenn this summer about what they were looking at and the science of it, but, more imporantly, the human aspect of it. It's good to get scientist and engineers to remember that humans are a big part of this exploration game, and
I just checked the cnn.com site again, and her video is on the homepage in the Top Stories! It's labeled "Woman paid to lay down on the job".

-----

Also, Mr. Marshal Blessing, GRC Staff 2005, Ames RA 2004, will be coming up from Dallas Cityville to visit, talk GRC NA, meet adorable puppies, and help found the Central Heartland Great Plains Mid-ish US branch of the NAAA. It has been decided that the first order of business is getting a better name and, being NASA-related, a decent acronym.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Yes, acronyms are very important...and fun! =)

I saw that clip on CNN & wondered if it was the same girl...neato!