Wednesday, August 02, 2006


And then we are ushered UNDER it. We're under an orbiter. Under it. Look up, all tiles. Because we're under it. I'm about to just... I can't handle it. Not crying, which is a good thing for my professionalism rating, but I think that's because I wasn't absorbing it completely. Thinking about a million different things, not the least of which is that the closest I came to this before to our actual current American spaceships was holding pieces of Columbia in my hands during those couple days in east Texas. There's just... excitement, sadness, patriotism. Passion. This is human spaceflight. This is what I'm in it for, this is what we have right now to gain that knowledge for humanity. We get an announcement that we're under a tornado warning, and we must remain in the building until it's cleared. Oh, shoot.  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Marvelous post...you couldn't have summed up our space pride any better.