Monday, August 14, 2006

for those about to rock...

When was the last time we had a rainy dreary day in Cleveland? Weeks, right? Weeks.

Today: Drear City, USA.

What's funny is that it started off sunshiny enough. I left late because I was doing packing stuff. I had planned to drive through the Metroparks and up Aerospace to catch some nature and some airplanes landing on the commute. But my turn to come up by the airport was blocked by two police cars, flashing their lights and sirens at a big ol' wild turkey. I slowed down and almost got out to help... whatever they were doing? They weren't really, you know, persuading it to leave the middle of the road. So I drove away down the curvy parksy road and then turned around and came back, and they were to the other side of the intersection by then, so I could drive up to the airport perimeter road that goes into Glenn. I took some video, but it's probably not going to come through. Then there were lots of security guys all over the place and a big truck parked in that little hollow-dip thing. Kinda some weird stuff like that.

So then the day got cloudy, then rainy, then poury, and it stayed that way until just at sunset when the clouds parted a little bit and gave me some pretty red sunset action. Way to try to make it up, Cleave-land. But it was pretty. Pics later. Probably before all the other pics because these will be on top.

Flight leaves at 7 am tomorrow. Back to OKC from CLE for about six hours, then on to SJC to be at Ames by nighttime!

PS: I actually heard the title song on Toni's radio today.

1 comment:

mewarner15 said...

Hope you enjoyed your stay in fabulous Cleveland! Have fun in California! I totally got real sappy after I left on Friday...it really was such a tremendous experience! I will miss you mucho, but our paths will cross again, I am sure of it! Let me know how your trip goes!!