Friday, June 10, 2005

Week 1 done, 9 to go

Week 1 has been a whirlwind. I really wish I had another staff member to share the stress burden, but one works with what one has. The alumni have been incredibly helpful in getting things done and helping me brainstorm and know the area, but it would have been awesome to have someone off of which I could constantly bounce ideas and plans. Oh, well.

There are some very strong personalities in the group, and some very laid back personalities, which is a different animal from Ames 04, where were were all very strong leaders with opinions, but most of us could follow when needed. I think there will be a lot of personal development in all of us over the course of the summer.

We had a big admin-RA meeting this morning, where we got a trip to Goddard approved, which rocks. One of the reasons I wanted this job was to visit other centers, and I sure have seen those same tours of JSC more than any human could ever want. There's still a far-off possibility of visiting KSC in Florida if we drive ourselves and do a bit of work on the schedule. I think it'd be worth it, and I've got support from most of the team.

Our first Wednesday tours were of propulsion areas, with a lot of cool nuclear things going on. Not a bad start. The "fireside chat" visitor was the associate director of MSFC, and she was very nice and the females in the group really enjoyed asking her questions.

In about an hour, I'll head back to the apartment to lead everyone off to Space Camp. A couple of the people have done it before, but it's new to me. Hopefully it'll be taylored for us 20-somethings, rather than for people still in single-digit ages. We'll find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.