Saturday, June 25, 2005

Week 3

Friday, Friday, Friday! Typical week, this, in that the students worked with their PIs, and I was crazy crazy busy. Wednesday was tour day, and we saw some more propulsion labs, the X-Ray Calibration Facility, some of the NSSTC (which is the building where I have an office, and where there's also apparently lots of wacky science going on in lab rooms I didn't know about).
Jim Bilbro, the Chief Technologist of MSFC talked to us over lunch.

After an afternoon tour of that X-Ray Calibration Facility (or Building with an Almost Mile-Long Tube of Vacuum Sticking Out of It), a there was a seminar on lightning, but I kept receiving a billion calls (my phone was politely on silent, but I was keeping an eye on it) and missed most of it. I came in once and Oklahoma was on the screen because the speaker was talking about tornados and lightning and how they're related.

I got my visa stuff completely sent off on Thursday, so that's cool. About $150 worth of cool.

Completely unassociated with NASA, the NASA Academy, UAH, any Space Grant, any contractor, or anyone who works for any of these, including me, Omar, Dr. Six, or anyone else, we're going skydiving this weekend. Ten out of thirteen of us. That's going to be awesome. I went once with the co-ops a couple years ago in Houston (also not affiliated with NASA). This will be tandem (guy hooked to my back to make sure I do everything right and remember to pull the cord this time) like the other time I went. I really didn't think I'd ever do it again, because it is expensive and seems like something you would do just once unless you were going to make a hobby out of it. Somehow, someone talked me into it. More later.

No comments: