Friday, August 12, 2005

Last day of RAs...

Am I relieved? Yes. As much as I like to believe that I can do anything I really want to do, I cannot, in fact, do the 24-hour-a-day job of two people by myself for 2.5 months, do it at all reasonably well, and not get stressed out. I'm 0/3 on those things. I'm lucky to have had several part-timers to take on big pieces of it for us, but organizing with eight other people turns up to be almost as much work. Academies *need* two full time staff students. It's a necessity. Singlehandedness breaks us normal humans.

I've got a "Lessons Learned" document going longer than my arm. Eventually to be taller than me. And I need to go sleep for a week and just unload the summer. Oh, but wait, I'm working here til Wednesday, then moving to France one week after that. Yarrrgh.

Working to enabling the future of space exploration is exhausting. But can you think of a better thing to do in this world?

No comments: